stillpoint

musings from Canadian author Cheryl Cooke Harrington ... home of The Write Spot

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The Write Spot: Tracey J. Lyons

Have you ever wondered where your favourite writers do their work? Look no farther than The Write Spot, a bi-weekly author series spotlighting the many and varied places where writers write.

My special guest for this twenty-fifth edition is romance author, Tracey J. Lyons. An Amazon Top Ten bestselling historical romance author of the Women of Surprise series, Tracey sold her first book on 9/9/99! Her books have been translated into several languages and are available in print, digital and audio formats. Tracey lives with her husband in New York's Hudson Valley region. She has appeared on the award winning Cox Cable Television show, Page One, and on the stage of Lady Jane's reading salon in New York City. She holds membership in Romance Writers of America, American Fiction Christian Writers and Novelists Inc. A true upstate New Yorker, Tracey believes you should write what you know. Her historical romances are all set in the New York State area. Tracey considers herself a small town gal who writes small town romances.

This is Tracey's bright and spacious Write Spot:


Welcome, Tracey! What makes this The Write Spot for you?

This is my third home office relocation, but by far my favorite spot. Situated right outside my bedroom door I only have to tumble out of bed and I'm at my desk in seconds. I really like having a window to look out, though this one peers into my neighbor's side yard. So some days I feel like I'm playing I-spy!

Sounds like the perfect set-up. After all, people watching is a very important part of every writer's job. ;-) 

Other than your computer or laptop, what's the one thing you couldn't be without in your Write Spot?

I love having a few favorite photos near my desk. This one, from the Chatham Book Store, Chatham, NY signing where my book is featured right next to Bill Clinton's in the front window, still cracks me up! 


I remember the day of my signing this woman comes running into the store thinking she was going to be seeing Bill Clinton. Imagine her surprise when she saw it was only little old local author Tracey Lyons sitting there! And, no, she didn't stay for my signing.

What are you working on now?

Right now I'm in the middle of planning out the next two books in the inspirational historical romance series that has its first book, A Changed Agent, out right now. And I'm toying with an idea for a sweet, but sassy contemporary series.

Where can readers find out more about you and your books?

Come visit me at my website, traceylyons.comdiscover all my books in one convenient spot on my Amazon Author Pageand connect with me on social media at:
Twitter: @TraceyJLyons
Goodreads: Tracey_J_Lyons



When schoolteacher Elsie Mitchell meets rugged William Benton on a train platform in Albany, it appears they have nothing in common. He isn't the sort of fellow a proper young woman of the 1890s would ever speak to, much less become involved with. But when she arrives at her small town in the Adirondack Mountains, Elsie is offered a job as caregiver for this mysterious out-of-towner's niece and nephew, who've been tragically orphaned. Heartbroken for them, she accepts.

Unknown to her, William is an undercover Pinkerton agent posing as a lumber-company foreman. He's never wanted family – his work is too dangerous. Yet as Elsie transforms his house into a home and he spends time with the children, he feels drawn to family life – and to Elsie.

As a good Christian, Elsie is troubled by William's secrets…though she does find him intriguing. And when a sinister figure from her past arrives, Elsie and William will have to trust in faith and newfound love to protect their unlikely family from danger.








About The Write Spot:
I've always been fascinated by what goes on behind the scenes. Whether it's backstage photos from my favourite play, a peek into the kitchen where a chef is working her culinary magic, or simply a glimpse through an uncurtained window into a stranger's private world, there's an undeniable thrill of discovery, a sense of secrets shared. It's no surprise, then, that I'm immensely curious about where other writers do their work. I've blogged about it before in this post about my own 'write spot' and so enjoyed the comments, I was inspired to launch a regular feature here at stillpoint. Watch for The Write Spot every other Wednesday and join me as I discover the many and varied places where writers write.


stillpoint is the blog of Canadian author Cheryl Cooke Harrington

   



Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:00 pm, Blogger Sandy Cody said...

A Changed Agent sounds like a great read, Tracey. Good luck with it. And, Cheryl, thanks for bringing us these glimpses into the lives of our fellow writers. Somehow, it makes writing less lonely.

 
At 4:42 pm, Blogger Joanne Guidoccio said...

Hi Tracey, Love the spaciousness of your write spot. Best of luck with A Changed Agent.

 
At 1:44 pm, Anonymous Susan McNicoll said...

Tracey, I love your book signing story. A classic. Good luck with A Changed Agent which sounds intriguing. Cheryl, I agree with Sandy. I love hearing about others writing spots because they do make me feel less alone in my quest for creativity.

 
At 4:06 pm, Blogger Sydell Voeller said...

Your write spot is so airy and inviting. I can see, after a few changes, how you decided to make this your special place. Best of luck with A Changed Agent. I hope you make a gazillion sales!

 
At 3:31 pm, Blogger Cheryl said...

Thanks for stopping by, everyone! It was a pleasure sharing Tracey's writing room this week. Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home