stillpoint

musings from Canadian author Cheryl Cooke Harrington ... home of The Write Spot

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

a blog-iversary


Ten years ago today, on July 13th, 2006, I nervously hit 'publish' and launched my first post into the vast and mighty sea called Blogger. We didn't make much of a splash that day, but we did float, and that little post has been quietly anchoring stillpoint ever since. 

To mark the anniversary, I'm bringing short-but-sweet Post #1 back for an encore...




Thursday, July 13, 2006:  Sam in Kannon's Garden

escape

unwind

relax

seek

peace

stillpoint   .

Kannon/Kwan Yin keeps watch over the bubbling fountain in this shady corner of my balcony garden. It's my favourite spot for reading or just being on a hot summer day. Sam, my cat companion, agrees.


If you've ever wondered about the meaning of my 'kannonsgarden' URL or the 'stillpoint' name ... now you know.

Over the years, this blog has evolved into an eclectic collection of personal stories, observations, and interviews. But the shady balcony corner is still my favourite spot, and handsome Sam is still keeping me company. In fact, I think we'll head outside right now. There's a comfy chair, a mug of tea, and a good book calling my name.

Many thanks to everyone who reads, shares, comments, and encourages me to keep on writing â€“ a few of you have been with me from the start. Here's to the next ten years!






Permalink: a blog-iversary


stillpoint is the blog of Canadian author Cheryl Cooke Harrington

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 11:33 am, Blogger Colleen said...

Happy blogiversary, Cheryl! That's exciting—10 years is a definite accomplishment, and so glad Sam is still around to celebrate with you. :O)

 
At 4:35 pm, Blogger Joanne Guidoccio said...

Congrats Cheryl...Onward for another decade, or more!

 
At 8:21 am, Blogger Karen McCullough said...

Congrats on the anniversary and keep chugging!

 
At 12:20 pm, Blogger Cheryl said...

Colleen, Joanne, Karen ... thank you all for stopping by and leaving good wishes. Ten years sounds like a long time but looking at those older posts, feels more like the blink of an eye!

 
At 7:00 pm, Anonymous Susan McNicoll said...

Congratulations on ten years Cheryl. And I am beyond happy that gorgeous Sam is still there to share your garden with you. May we still know each other 10 years down the road.

 
At 9:04 pm, Blogger Cheryl said...

Thanks, Susan. I like the way you think!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home