stillpoint

musings from Canadian author Cheryl Cooke Harrington ... home of The Write Spot

Tuesday, January 01, 2019

books of 2018...


I read eighty-seven books in 2018, most of them e-books on my iPad. 



These seventeen were my highest-rated (listed alphabetically, by author):

A Tiding of Magpies by Steve Burrows 
Bleeding Darkness by Brenda Chapman 
The Cat of the Baskervilles by Vicki Delany
A Scandal in Scarlet by Vicki Delany
'Twas the Knife Before Christmas by  Jacqueline Frost
The Spook in the Stacks by Eva Gates
The Little French Bistro by Nina George
Wishful Seeing by Janet Kellough 
Death in the Off Season by Francine Mathews
Caroline: Little House Revisited by Sarah Miller
The Deep End by Julie Mulhern 
Vanessa and Her Sister: A Novel by Priya Parmar
The Lightkeeper's Daughters by by Jean E. Pendziwol
The Birdwatcher, by William Shaw
To Brew of Not to Brew by Joyce Tremel
The Patriarch by Martin Walker
The Bengal Identity by Eileen Watkins

Check out all eighty-seven on my Goodreads Challenge page.

I'd love some recommendations for what to read next - did you have a favourite book of 2018? Tell me in the comments. And Happy New Year! May 2019 be kind to us all, and may we all be kind.



stillpoint... blog of Canadian author Cheryl Cooke Harrington

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:33 am, Blogger Sheila Seabrook said...

I read lots of great books this year, Cheryl, but my favorite had to be Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng. Or maybe This is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel. And then, of course, there's Lianne Moriarty's books.

Ah, so many wonderful reads...

 
At 9:26 pm, Blogger Cheryl said...

Thanks for the recommendations, Sheila. I'm going to look for these. Happy reading!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home