stillpoint

musings from Canadian author Cheryl Cooke Harrington ... home of The Write Spot

Friday, December 01, 2006

what'd ya bring me?

Yesterday afternoon, I slipped away from work early and met up with a friend and her daughter to do the annual One of a Kind Christmas Show in Toronto. Much later (and much wearier) I trudged home with an armload of good giftie stuff — none of it for Sam. At least, none that I planned on letting him see. His handmade catnip Christmas mouse was carefully double bagged and stashed away at the bottom of my purse. Until ...


Hmmm...what's that I smell?

Hmmm...what's that I smell?

What's that I smell?

Can't ... quite ... reach ...

Caught in the act! And he wasn't even apologetic!

Sam's Christmas mouse is now safely hidden in the freezer. (He'll be surprised all over again on Christmas morning.) I tried giving him a treat to take his mind off the confiscated treasure, but now he's fixated on my purse. That mouse must be stuffed with some good 'nip, eh? I might have to have the purse drycleaned!

Sam will be seeking hidden presents at the , at Sunday's (hosted this week by Catymology), and with the Weekend Cat Blogging Crew at The Hidden Paw.

4 Comments:

At 10:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah Sam. Christmas isn't too far away. You'll have your nip soon enough.

LOL

Happy Friday!

 
At 12:15 pm, Blogger burekaboy — said...

christmas mouse sounds delicious, especially when served with catnip tapenade. lol.

cute pix. you may find a cat in your purse one morning!

 
At 11:20 am, Blogger D said...

These photos are just too cute. I love how cats seem to have catnip radar!

 
At 10:04 am, Blogger sammawow said...

Sam, I found my Christmas mouse in the Food Lady's office. She let me keep it but I can't find the bag any more and I know there were more Christmas toys for us inside. Now we have to wait until Christmas! Unless I find that bag! I really like the picture of you caught in the act!
Willow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home